Dip. Ed. Psych – Monash University
B. Beh. Science (Psychology) – Monash University
Leanne is a registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA, and is an associate member of the Australian Psychological Society. She is a provider for Medicare, and both NSW and QLD workcover.
Leanne completed her tertiary education with Monash University in Victoria. She has been working as a registered Psychologist since 1999.
Leanne has worked in various public and private health settings and has experience working with adults and older adolescents with a wide range of psychological presentations including:
- Anxiety (incl. generalised, PTSD, performance, social, rumination, OCD)
- Mood Disorders (incl. Depression, Bipolar)
- Low self-esteem and low confidence
- Interpersonal relationship issues
- Self-sabotaging behaviours
- Problems with emotional regulation
- Conversion disorders
- Unexplained medical conditions
- Chronic Pain
- Adjustment to Injury problems
- Sexual dysfunctions and gender identity issues
- Personality Disorders and difficult character traits.
Over the course of her career, Leanne has worked and trained in various therapeutic approaches. She is currently one of only a few Psychologists in Australia completing an advanced training program for ISTDP (Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy). Other approaches include training and experience with ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) and MI (Motivational Interviewing). Her preferred and predominantly used treatment modality is ISTDP.